What to do next
Preparation on the run up to April 2021 will be the key to a successful transition to the new rules
Here are five simple steps to help you on the journey:
1. Appoint a person within your company to prepare for and lead the change.
2. Look at your current workforce (including those engaged through agencies and other Intermediaries) to identify those individuals who are supplying their services through personal service companies.
3. Determine if the off-payroll rules apply for any contracts that will extend beyond April 2021. You can use HMRC’s Check Employment Status for Tax service to do this.
4. Start talking to your contractors about whether the off-payroll rules apply to their role.
5. Put processes in place to determine if the off-payroll rules apply to future engagements. These might include who in your organisation should make a determination and how payments will be made to contractors within the off-payroll rules.
OVER THE COMING WEEKS, WE ARE HOLDING A SERIES OF IR35 SESSIONS VIA MICROSOFT TEAMS SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FIND OUT MORE OR IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND.